Frequently Asked Questions

We answer many of your questions on this page. First select the topic you have a question about:



Questions about My VWE

How do I start in My VWE?

In My VWE you start with a vehicle and then select the action (such as Advertise). This can be done in 3 ways:

  1. From a vehicle: enter a license plate or chassis number in the bar at the top of the 'vehicles' page.
  2. From company stock: on the 'vehicles' page, click the 'company stock' button. Here you can click on a vehicle and take actions on it, for example APK inspections..
  3. From the advertised inventory: On the 'vehicles' page, click the 'ads manager' button. From there, you can modify or delete existing ads, as well as create new ones.

View the manual about working in My VWE (Dutch).

How does the new login screen work?

Just like on the old platform: fill in your details, choose whether you want to use RDW services (and accept the certificate) and log in!

Where can I view my account information?

In the top right corner of the screen you will see the 'My Account' button. Here you will find all details about your account. You will also find the button here to log out.

I forgot my password. How do I request a new one?

Below the entry field is the link 'Forgot your password?' If you click on it, a screen will open with which you can  request a new password. That password will be sent to you by mail .

How do I create a shortcut to access My VWE directly?

View the detailed explanation about shortcuts and creating favorites, so that you can quickly reach the login page of My VWE.

Questions about dashboards

Where do I end up after logging in?

After logging in you will enter the vehicle dashboard: an overview of vehicles and the latest transactions. 

What are dashboards?

Dashboards are the pages where we have arranged the most important information in an organized manner . We have three: Vehicles, Customers and My Business. On each dashboard you will also find the actions associated with the topic. No more searching through extensive menu lists!

What does 'linked' and 'not linked' mean in the Vehicle Dashboard?

Linked means that a link has been established between a vehicle and a customer in your Customer File. Not linked means you haven't made that link yet.


Vehicle questions

What is a vehicle record?

The vehicle file is the heart of My VWE. Here you will find all data of a vehicle. From all technical data to documents collected with transactions on the vehicle. In addition, from here you can take all actions with the vehicle, such as indemnification, APK unsubscribe and insure.

Why do I always have to look up a vehicle first, while looking for a service?

We have deliberately chosen this starting point. After all, you always work with a vehicle. It is therefore logical that you work from the vehicle. Then you immediately have everything about and around that vehicle at hand!

I am looking for comprehensive vehicle data. Where can I find it?

Search for the license plate via the search box or in the Vehicle list. Click through to the Vehicle file. The detailed information can be found under the Details button in the green bar.

How do I deploy a vehicle in my company inventory?

First enter the license plate number in the search bar at the top of the page 'vehicles'. This will take you to the vehicle file, where you can choose  under the heading 'purchase'  'Vrijwaren (ORB)'. Here you can place the relevant vehicle in the company stock.

How do I put a vehicle on my consignment or expected stock?

Find the vehicle and go to the vehicle file. At the top right you will find a selection box with which you can adjust the status of the vehicle. For example, you can indicate that the vehicle is in your  expected stock. 

What is consignment stock?

You may know you  consigned stock under the term 'virtual stock'. They are the vehicles which are not in your own stock, but which you sell for a customer


How can I make a transaction (for example EAD Customs Document or VKR) with a vehicle that does not (yet) have a Dutch registration?

On the Vehicles page, you can search for a vehicle using the white search bar. This can be done via a registration number, but also via a chassis number. If the vehicle is still found, you can manually create a vehicle file, using the button 'Create manual file' or 'Add vehicle manually'. Once the vehicle file is created, you can directly transact with that vehicle.

When creating the vehicle file, enter as much information as possible about the vehicle to build a complete file. If the vehicle is registered later, we link the chassis number to that registration number and the vehicle file becomes complete.

Why are certain services loaded from the old service platform?

My VWE is not yet 'finished', we are still working hard on it! To avoid having to switch between the old and new platform, we are combining some parts of the old platform in the new My VWE platform.

Where can I find the Advertising service?

Do you want to advertise a vehicle? Then start on the Vehicles page by entering a license plate (in the white search bar), so that the vehicle file is opened. From there you can  choose 'New Listing' so you can  create an ad for that vehicle. 

Would you like to see which advertisements have been published or have expired? This can be done via the 'ads management', which can be accessed from the 'vehicles' page.

Also view the following manuals (Dutch):

Where can I find the Export service?

Want to export a vehicle? Then start by entering a license plate, so that the vehicle file is opened. From there you can  under the heading 'Export & import' choose 'Export vehicle' or other export services, such as Green Card or EAD Customs Document.


Questions about customers

What is a customer file?

In the customer file you can record the most important information about your customer, especially the contact details. At a later stage you can  use that data for easy forwarding of documents, mail actions, APK reminders, etc.

How can I enter a new customer?

Go to the customer file and choose under Actions for Add customer. Fill in the details and save them!

How can I change a customer file?

Go to the Customers dashboard and search for a customer via the search box or in the list. Click on the  icon of the pencil to open the detail screen of the customer. Edit the data you want to change and save it.


Questions about My Company

How can I view my transactions?

On the My Company dashboard you will find the Transactions button. This will take you in a list of all transactions: the Transaction overview. Via the filter function on the right you can  search, for example on a specific license plate or a period.

Where can I find my EAD transactions?

At the My Company dashboard, under the heading 'My overviews'. By clicking on the arrow, all items become visible, including the EAD transaction overview

Where can I find the SilverDAT calculate file overview?

At the My Company dashboard, under the heading 'My overviews'.

Where can I find the screens of the Intercompany ORB service?

The status and archive screens of ORB between companies can be found on the My Company dashboard, under My overviews.

Where can I see which modules I have?

The My Company dashboard shows which modules you currently have.

How can I use non-vehicle-based services?

Services that are not (directly) based on a vehicle can be found on the My Business dashboard. Here is a heading with all company services, such as SMS your customer, Kenteken Registration Management (KRB) and Occasion Monitor.

Where can I find documents, such as the Indemnity Certificate?

All documents for a vehicle can be found in the Vehicle file. Search for the vehicle via the search box in the Vehicle Dashboard or in the Inventory List. If you are looking for a document for a particular transaction, you can  look up that transaction and retrieve the document from there.

I want to be able to print certain documents. How can I do this?

This can be done from the list of documents in the Vehicle File. Another option is via the Transaction overview. In this overview there is an icon for every transaction, with which you open and print the document

I want to be able to email documents to myself. How can I do this?

Find and open the Transaction that resulted in the document. Check the
documents you'd like to email, enter an email address and send the message.

The address on My Business dashboard is incorrect. How can I adjust this?

At the Address details you will find a link 'Change' on the right  This link will take you to the screen where you can change your address details.


Car company


Questions about registering and logging in

I want to register as a customer. How do I do that?

You can do that via this page. In the registration form you can indicate exactly which services you want to use.

I get the error message 'no or invalid certificate offered' when logging in. What should I do?

You are using a revoked or expired RDW certificate. Only the most recently issued RDW certificate is valid. We are happy to help you apply for a new RDW certificate. Contact the customer service center.

I have lost my login details. What should I do?

Go to the login screen and click on 'forgot password' to request new login details.

I get the message 'The page requires a client certificate' when logging in. What should I do?

Several things can go wrong. Therefore, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: check whether the RDW software certificate is installed on the computer. To do this, follow the steps below:

  • Open a web page in Internet Explorer
  • Go to 'Tools' at the top of the screen and go to 'Internet Options'
  • Go to the 'Content' tab and click on the 'Certificates' button
  • The overview that appears now must contain an 'RDW services Certificate' with an expiration date in the future.

If this does not include a valid certificate, a valid RDW certificate must be installed. Do you not yet have a valid RDW certificate? Please contact the Customer Contact Center.

Step 2: If a valid RDW certificate is installed on the computer, follow the steps below:

  • Open a web page in Internet Explorer
  • Go to 'Tools' at the top of the screen and go to 'Internet Options'
  • Go to the 'Content' tab and click on 'Clear SSL status'
  • Close all Internet screens
  • Log in again

Step 3: Log in with your EasyKey.

Step 4: If you don't have EasyKey and don't want to use the RDW services such as APK, safeguarding, OREH? Then you can uncheck the box 'Use RDW services' on the login screen. This way you can log in without an RDW certificate or EasyKey.

After logging in, I still have to enter a password, namely the private key at Cry. I don't remember this password. What should I do?

During the installation of the RDW certificate, you had the opportunity to create your own private key. This is an extra security for which you have to provide a password yourself. Since this password is not registered, it cannot be retrieved. If you do not remember this password, there is only one solution: the RDW certificate must be reinstalled. During the installation you can create a new personal password or choose to work without a personal key (extra security).

I want to delete my VWE account. Where can I do this?

You can delete your account or (one or more) services via Take into account the notice period as stated in the General Terms and Conditions..


Questions about purchasing and sales

When must the odometer reading of a vehicle be communicated?

  • With an MOT, inclusion in company stock and with ascription sale
  • When installing LPG installations, tachographs, alcohol interlocks and taxi on-board computers
  • For export and disassembly/demolition
  • For workshop visits with an invoice amount of €150 (incl. VAT)

On which portals can I advertise via VWE?

You can advertise on the following portals via VWE: Autotrader, Autotrack, Autoscout 24, Autotelegraaf, Car dealers, Autobay, Autocenter, Autocircuit,, ProxyParts (Autonet), Zomoto, Dealerlink, Autokopen, Autotxt, Speurders , Marktplaats (you pay per advertisement),,, Xportauto,, Occasionboulevard, Stichting Omroep Gelderland, Stichting RTV Oost, AutoXchange,, Planet-auto and Autowereld.

Does this vehicle meet the EURO3 standard?

Via the license plate box on the homepage you can find out the euro class of a vehicle.

How do you calculate VAT on the resale of a used motor vehicle by an entrepreneur?

In the case of the sale of both a new and a used motor vehicle, the BPM for VAT is regarded as a recurring item. VAT is therefore never charged on the BPM. In order to determine the amount of VAT that must be charged on the sale of a used motor vehicle by an entrepreneur, the remainder of BPM (residual BPM) must therefore be removed from the sales price.

This residual BPM is calculated by deducting from the originally paid BPM the depreciation percentage BPM associated with the used motor vehicle from the depreciation table (with a maximum of 90%). The remaining part of the BPM may be deducted from the fee for the calculation of the VAT due. If the residual BPM is higher than the sales price of the used motor vehicle, no VAT will be charged.

How much residual BPM is there on this vehicle?

With the BPM calculator you can calculate how much residual BPM is on a vehicle.

Can an export transaction be undone?

Yes, an export transaction can be reversed within 14 days. Please contact the Customer care center.

How can I sell a vehicle to a foreign buyer without BPM?

There are several criteria to be able to sell without BPM:

  • The vehicle must be exported to a country within the EEA (EU, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein);
  • The vehicle must have been imported into the Netherlands on or after October 16, 2006 (either new or used will be accepted);
  • BPM must be paid on the vehicle.


Questions about maintenance

When must the odometer reading of a vehicle be communicated?

  • With an MOT, inclusion in company stock and with ascription sale
  • When installing LPG installations, tachographs, alcohol interlocks and taxi on-board computers
  • For export and disassembly/demolition
  • For workshop visits with an invoice amount of €150 (incl. VAT)

Why should I opt out of the APK from VWE?

VWE offers a complete application based on practical experience. This application provides speed gain, offers convenience and flexibility. This way you can   configure the application for your own use and the system provides the right information at the right time, preventing you from making mistakes.

What is an example of the right information at the right time?

VWE offers the possibility to print the tire pressure, oil specifications and change intervals of a vehicle simultaneously with a Consult Vehicle (RV) transaction. Handy, because many APKs are combined with maintenance.

How can I have the APK inspectors perform fewer administrative actions?

VWE's APK Unsubscribe service includes the 'APK Work Order' option free of charge. This allows for example the reception to handle the largest and most time-consuming parts of the cancellations, so that the judge can focus on the technique.
The judge can then deregister up to 4 vehicles in quick succession. Everything to realize more MOT passes!

How can I fill in my own wishes while using the APK unsubscribe application from VWE?

VWE's APK Unsubscribe service can largely be set up according to your wishes. For example, you can set a one-time setting in which situations you want an extra information window to be displayed. For example when you unexpectedly have not specified any APK advice points. The system then issues a signal.

How can VWE help me to list the number of APKs that have been run?

There is often not enough time to list the number of APKs after a busy day. VWE helps with this! When you unsubscribe from the APK via VWE, we also offer the APK Statistics. You will then receive a monthly overview by e-mail in table and graph of the number of APKs per judge. steering on workshop performance.

Why should I choose VWE's ORS service?

ORS provides original manufacturer information that is essential in performing the right maintenance at the right time. Activities can be more easily 'sold' to the customer and revenue-generating activities are also less often forgotten (such as replacing the cabin filter). The manufacturer's warranty is maintained, because it can be demonstrated that the vehicle has been maintained in accordance with the regulations. In addition, the efficiency and quality of the work performed can be further increased by viewing technical data. Think of prescribed tightening torques and manuals with instructions and required special tools.


Questions about Autotrust guarantees

When can I reach Autotrust if I have specific questions about a policy or product?

Autotrust is available from Monday to Friday from 08:30 am – 5 pm. You can contact us by phone: 0592-703026 or by email: 

Are there any additional charges for taking out a policy for an import vehicle?

No, there are no additional costs. However, the vehicle must have a complete, correct maintenance history. The mileage must also be correct. A provisional premium calculation can be made on the basis of a Dutch registration number of a similar vehicle, of the same age.

Is there a deductible period?

Yes, the car company itself is responsible for the vehicle for the first 15 days and no claim can be made to Autotrust. 

When is a Mijn Autocoach inspection required?

Any vehicle covered by the Luxury & Performance Warranty, must be inspected in advance by My Autocoach. In addition, there are some brands that have been marked as 'risky' by Autotrust and therefore require an inspection beforehand. The most common vehicles covered are the BMW 320i and 520i. 

What does the notification look like with a pre-mandatory inspection?

If an inspection is required in advance, you will see the screen and message below:




Questions about exporting

Does this vehicle meet the EURO3 standard?

Via the License plate search box on the homepage you can find out the euro class of a vehicle.

Where can I go to have a vehicle exported?

That is possible at one of the VWE locations. With the location finder on this page  you can see exactly which locations you can go to.

What do I need for an export registration with the RDW via VWE?

  • The complete most recent registration certificate. From 1 January 2014, the paper registration certificate will be replaced by a registration card with every change of owner. Therefore, the following distinction exists:
  • If a Vehicle Registration Card has not previously been requested for the vehicle, you must bring the following paper registration parts with you: Part II (IB) and Copy Part III/Transfer Certificate/Part II).
  • If a Vehicle Registration Card has been requested, please bring this Vehicle Registration Card together with the corresponding registration code.
  • The corresponding license plate(s)
  • Exact odometer reading of the vehicle
  • Identification document (original and valid):
    • International: identity card or passport
    • National: driver's license, identity card or passport
    • Note: a residence permit is not accepted

I want to export my vehicle outside the EU and need an EAD customs document. What do I need to bring for this?

In that case, take the following items with you to one of the Service Points: the vehicle, the invoice at the foreign address, the registration card/complete registration certificate and a valid proof of identity.

Can an invoice declaration EUR.1 be issued for my vehicle?

We can issue an invoice statement for various vehicles. This is only possible if the vehicle is exported via VWE and if the origin of the vehicle can be proven with a supplier's declaration. VWE cannot issue an invoice declaration EUR.1 for a caravan. You can contact the Chamber of Commerce for this. It is important that we are also obliged to issue an EAD Customs Document if the vehicle has an invoice value of more than €6,000.

Can I obtain an export declaration for a foreign registration number?

No, this is not possible. In that case, contact the RDW for the possibilities.

How long is an export license plate valid?

An export registration number is valid for 14 days, unless the MOT of the car expires within those 14 days. To be able to apply for an export registration number, the car must have a valid MOT for at least 1 day.

Can I extend my export registration number (longer than two weeks)?

No, this is not possible. After the validity period has expired, the vehicle can no longer be used on the public road.


Questions about the environmental sticker

How do I order an environmental sticker?

You can easily order the environmental sticker via this page or pick it up at one of the  Service points. When ordering via the website, you pay securely and reliably via Ideal, after which you will receive a payment confirmation with an order number. When ordering and paying on working days before 4 p.m., the environmental sticker will be sent the same day via PostNL.

I can't pay via iDeal, is there another option?

In that case you can also pick up the environmental sticker at one of the Service points and there pay.

If I order an environmental sticker, when will I receive it?

When ordering and paying on working days before 5 p.m., the environmental sticker will be sent the same day via PostNL. We depend on PostNL for the lead time for delivering the Environmental Sticker. This can therefore take a few days.

I am getting multiple order numbers but payment failed. What should I do now?

Only orders paid via Ideal will be processed. You can consider the other ordernumbers as unvalid.

When do I need an environmental sticker?

The environmental sticker (umweltplakette) is required to drive the car in the environmental zones of the German cities. Mopeds, mopeds, motorcycles, scooters, three-wheeled vehicles, agricultural tractors, mobile machines and equipment, work traffic and emergency vehicles do not require an environmental sticker. In addition, old-timers – registered before January 1, 1978 and equipped with Dutch historical, blue number plates – do not require an environmental sticker. In that case, a copy of the Dutch registration certificate or the FIVA Identity Card must be placed clearly visible behind the windscreen.

What is the reason there are environmental zones?

Cities can close off areas with a particularly high particulate matter concentration to vehicles with high particulate emissions. These environmental zones are indicated with a special traffic sign. Environmental zones are established on the basis of an EU directive which stipulates that a limit value for particulate matter (50 micrograms per cubic meter of air) may not be exceeded on more than 35 calendar days. Germany has transposed this directive into national law with the so-called "Kennzeichnungsverordnung".

Why do I get a green environmental sticker when I have a Euroclass 5, 6 or an electric car?

Newer cars often have a high environmental classification such as Euro 5 and Euro 6. You will also receive a green sticker with 4 on it. This is currently the highest class associated with the environmental sticker. There are currently no legal regulations in Germany about which vehicles will receive a Blue Sticker (light blue / dark blue).

In which cities do you need an environmental sticker?

On this page  you will find an overview of all cities with an environmental zone. Zones are added periodically and the zones that have already been set up as an environmental zone are also becoming stricter in admitting vehicles with a lower emission class (higher emissions). Therefore keep an eye on this overview.

Are there exceptions to the issue per municipality?

There are national exceptions for a range of vehicles, such as mopeds, motorcycles, ambulances and tractors. Old-timers with a so-called "H" license plate also do not have to be provided with a sticker. In addition, there are numerous municipal exceptions for certain distressing cases, for which there are very different solutions for each city. If in doubt, please contact the relevant municipality.

Do I need an environmental sticker on the German highway?

Only urban areas have environmental zones. For the use of only the German highways no environmental sticker is required.

Is the environmental sticker valid throughout Germany?

Yes, the environmental sticker is recognized throughout Germany.

Does the environmental sticker have a validity period?

The Environmental Sticker is issued on a license plate and is valid indefinitely in combination with your license plate. The information on the environmental sticker must match the information on the registration certificate.

Can you be fined if you drive in an environmental zone without an environmental sticker?

Yes, you can. Fines can be up to € 80 and you also get a point in Flensburg (German system of penalty points in traffic). If the sticker is not clearly visible, you risk a fine of € 40,-.

Is exemption possible in the event of a disability?

Cars that have a European Disability Parking Card clearly visible behind the windscreen are exempt from the Environmental Sticker.

I have a broken window. Can I get a new environmental sticker?

Due to the special adhesive layer, the environmental sticker can only be attached to a window once. You must therefore purchase a new Environmental Sticker for a replacement window. You can order these via this page. This may be covered by the insurance company. Ask your insurer about this.

Can I return the environmental sticker if I don't need it?

The Environmental Sticker is tailor-made for your vehicle. As soon as it has been sent, we can no longer reverse the order and cannot return the paid amount.

Which vehicles are exempt from the environmental sticker? 

The vehicles below are exempt from the environmental sticker:

  • Mopeds, motorcycles, scooters and three-wheeled vehicles.
  • Agricultural tractors.
  • Mobile machines and devices.
  • Work traffic.
  • Vehicles used by emergency services.
  • Motor vehicles for the benefit of people with disabilities, where the vehicles must be registered as such. If you are in possession of a European Disabled Parking Card, you are exempt from the environmental sticker. This Handicapped Parking Card must be clearly visible behind your windscreen as soon as you are parked with your vehicle in an Umwelt zone. If you are checked for the presence of the environmental sticker within the Umweltzone, the European Disability Card is your proof of your permanent exemption.
  • Vintage cars with a historical registration number registered as such in Germany (the vehicle must be at least 30 years old and bear the "H" registration number or the red "07" registration number) or vintage cars registered in other countries of the EU who meet corresponding conditions have a permanent exemption from the environmental sticker. If your classic car is registered in the Netherlands, has a date of first admission before January 1, 1978, and the vehicle has Dutch historical number plates (the blue plates), you do not need an environmental sticker. You still need a FIVA Identity Card to enter an Umweltzone. You can get these in the Netherlands at the FEHAC. More information about this Identity Card can be found at: If you park your oldtimer within the Umweltzone, you must clearly display a copy of your Dutch registration certificate or the aforementioned Identity Card.

Staat uw vraag er niet tussen? Laat hieronder uw vraag achter en dan nemen wij contact met u op.


I would like to be contacted about:
CAPTCHA This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Required fields

Do you have questions?
We are here to help you.

We try to answer your question as quickly as possible.

Contact us